The initial medical consultation is of tremendous importance.
It is the first step in the fertility journey, which can be exciting but also stressful.
Fertility is a very challenging field. At the age of 20 about 90% of a woman’s eggs are normal, but at the age of 40 nearly 90% are abnormal.
Most people attend their initial appointment with many questions, some with previous experience, which can be unpleasant and also anxiety. Stress is not the main cause of infertility but is the main reason to make the journey a difficult one and the experience unpleasant. It also might be a cause of treatment misunderstandings and compliance with the treatment plan. It can also affect relationships during this demanding period of time. An effort to minimize stress and provide comfort should be made from the very beginning by the medical team, with cooperation with other therapists.
At the initial medical consultations, the interested persons should present a detailed history of their medical status, along with the medical examinations they already have. A thorough discussion takes place to assess the possible fertility problems in order to suggest the best solution. As best solution is the one that offers the greatest possibilities for a positive outcome with the lowest economic and emotional cost.
We believe in the personalized treatment, which can only be achieved by a direct and constant communication.
WHAT TO BRING
- Copies of previous medical records
- Prepared list of questions for the doctor
- A notebook to write the information received
- A list of your medication or supplements you take
- List of details such as age of first menstruation, any menstrual cycle irregularities, duration of actively trying to conceive, medical conditions, family history, age of your mother’s menopause, nutrition habits, smoking habits, alcohol consumption etc.